Soundz Good Chicago
3449 N Western Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60618
Telephone: (773) 871-8600
During Stage One of the 18-month construction schedule, Western Avenue will be reduced to a single lane in each direction from George Street to Cornelia Avenue.
Click Here for CDOT Detour Routes
Key dates: Stage One is expected to last for five months, or at least through summer. Crews will be completing viaduct demolition work, as well as reconstructing the intersection at grade level and laying down temporary pavement.
- To avoid Western altogether, exit at Diversey or Irving Park Road. Resume north-south travel on Ashland Avenue or Elston and Kedzie.
- Belmont detours are posted at Ashland and Elston.
- Motorists on Clybourn will be detoured along Damen, Roscoe and Campbell.
- During this phase, keep in mind that no left turns will be allowed from Western onto cross streets between George and Roscoe
- If using one of the recommended detours isn't an option, give yourself plenty of extra time to make it through the construction zone. This holds true for CTA riders of the No. 49 Western bus, which will maintain service on Western except for during the full closure.
- Unless you're a glutton for punishment, avoid the construction area during Lane Tech arrival and dismissal, when more than 4,000 people converge on Western and Roscoe at the same time. The first bell rings at 8 a.m. and school lets out at 3:15 p.m.
Fore more information visit DNAinfo Chicago: Western-Belmont Construction Survival Guide.